Are you passionate about producing crops with high yields and quality? Do you like the flexibility to work independently? Can you do whatever it takes to be successful as an individual and as a team member?Walther Farms is a 3rd generation family-owned business headquartered in Southwestern Michigan. Beginning in the 1940’s, the company expanded from a few vegetable acres to what has now become over 14,000 acres of commercial and seed potatoes grown throughout the United States for the potato chip and fresh table markets. For more information about Walther Farms, please check out our website at www.waltherfarms.com
Postition : The Assistant Field Manager is responsible for assisting the Field and Farm Managers in growing a high quality and high yielding crop.
- Assists Field Manager in surveying and analyzing quality of harvest.
- Assists in scheduling irrigation and chemical application to fields.
- Assists in preparing field for planting, planting the fields and harvesting. Provides general direction to planting and harvesting seasonal crews.
- Safely operates and maintains farm equipment.
- Monitors storage units for inventory and cleanliness.
- Assists in participating in product trials and records field data.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year farm experience
- Minimum 1 year experience with farm equipment repair
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in a team environment and possess good communication skills.
- Hands on experience with shop and field equipment to include Dammer Diker, Windrower, welders, torches.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish language
- Experience in the potato industry
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Associates Degree in Agriculture or related field
- Mechanic Certification