Website Walther Farms
Walther Farms is seeking a Farm Operator for our Aiken, South Carolina location. This person should have modern agriculture/farming experience and be fully capable of operating large equipment. The ideal candidate will have attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills, enjoy working with others, exhibit company values and have a positive, whatever it takes attitude.
Willingness and Desire to Sacrifice and Serve
Focus on unity and humility
Positive attitude and passion for life and work
Recognition and respect of others
Discipline and accountability
Excel in communications
Walther Farms is a 3rd generation family-owned business headquartered in Southwestern Michigan. Beginning in the 1940’s, the company expanded from a few vegetable acres to what has now become over 18,000 acres of commercial and seed potatoes grown throughout the United States for the potato chip and fresh table markets. We take great pride in our ability to consistently exceed customer expectations and accomplish this by having an organization filled with the best talent in the industry driven to provide excellence in everything we do. For more information about Walther Farms, please check out our website at www.waltherfarms.com
The responsibilities of the Farm Operator include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates shop equipment and tools to service farm equipment, dump trucks, bucket loaders, trucks, trailers, and tractors. Performs routine maintenance on shop equipment.
- Maintains facilities and grounds.
- Responsible for safe, efficient, and sanitary handling of produce to avoid and eliminate factors that contribute product damage and/or food safety concerns.
- Operates equipment including tillage equipment, planting equipment, crop spraying equipment, harvest equipment and irrigation equipment.
- Educates and trains general labor employees on proper use of equipment and tools.
- May assist with on farm projects or repair, maintenance, and set up of irrigation systems.
- May participate in process improvement for planting, growing, and harvesting operations.
- Operates company vehicle occasionally to pick up equipment and parts.
- May travel to other farms to assist with projects or harvest season.
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a heavy equipment operator, including tractors, planters, tillage, spraying, and harvesting equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years of general farm experience.
- Minimum of 1-year equipment operating shop equipment, including welders, torches, and plasma cutters.
- Able to work in a team environment and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to follow instructions and effectively perform duties with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to acquire and hold a valid US driver’s license and successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Preferred Position Qualifications
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Experience and knowledge of hydraulic equipment and maintenance
- 3+ years experience as a heavy equipment operator, including tractors, planters, tillage, spraying, and harvesting equipment.
- 3+ years of general farm experience.
Walther Farms has a complete benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, company matched 401(k) and profit sharing