Website Walther Farms
Walther Farms is a 3rd generation family-owned business headquartered in Southwestern Michigan. Beginning in the 1940’s, the company expanded from a few vegetable acres to what is now 15,000 acres of commercial and seed potatoes grown throughout the United States for the potato chip and fresh table markets. Our farms are located throughout Michigan, Indiana, Nebraska, Georgia, and South Carolina. For more information about Walther Farms, please visit our website: www.waltherfarms.com
- Work with Agronomy team to lead and/or assist in all aspects of plant science and technology to improve yield and quality
- Focus on data management, recording, analyzing, and presenting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform and Manage field scouting and supervise field scouts.
- Manage chemical inventories and make recommendations for weekly custom applications of irrigation and all crop products used
- Coordinate with managers to monitor and collect data during planting and harvesting operations.
- Introduce and support new technology
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collect, analyze, interpret, and present research data
- Valid driver’s license
- BS Degree in Agronomy, Crop, Plant and Soil Science or related field
- Solid background in math and chemistry
- Hands-on farming experience
- Experience in the potato industry
- Basic skills in operating farm equipment and management experience
- Precision Ag/VRT experience
We offer one-on-one training in all aspects of potato production. Walther Farms will also provide you with opportunities to attend state, regional, and national potato conferences.